Wednesday, February 23, 2011

SPCA Dog Walk



For those interested, the Wake County SPCA is having it's annual Dog Walk again this April (April 16th to be exact). This is always a fun gathering of animal lovers with the same goal: to help support the SPCA of Wake County continue their mission of being a no-kill shelter. I was thinking this would be a fun thing to do this year as it will give me a goal of having a hard date of when I should be able to walk, brace & limp free. And as a plus it is a short walk (only a 3K, so not quite 2 miles) so even if my walking isn't 100% yet I should be fine. So let me know if you are interested in starting up a team and walking for the Wake County SPCA! If we can register a team before March 10th we get $10 off the registration fee! If you want to read more about the walk, the SPCA has tons of info here.

Also, it's not just a walk, there will be dog contests, live music & food (which is always a good thing!). If you're still not sure if you're interested, check out some pictures of last years walk here.

No comments:

Post a Comment