Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birds!

Spring is here. And so are the birds. My mockingbirds are in full dance display these days. Hopping from one bush to another flashing their wings and tails in their territorial dance claim. I've attempted to get pictures of them doing this dance, but they know I'm watching and do it far enough away from the house that my camera zoom just can't keep up. But I have gotten a couple of shots close by, and some lovely shots of my returning to nest bluebirds. If you were around last year, you'll remember these bluebirds had two nests, one in the spring and one in the summer so it will be exciting to see how they fare this year!

Pair of mockingbirds in the front yard.

Little tail dance.
Shy female bluebird.


2 comments:

  1. Love the bird photos! I also love watching the Mockingbirds dance and sing their way through spring. Maybe we should follow their lead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the mockingbirds as well! One semester I took animal behavior and had to watch a mockingbird for an hour to determine it's territory and I've been hooked ever since!

    ReplyDelete