Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dreams



As I'm sitting here gathering all my paperwork to send off and get signed to make Bella deLuna Designs an official LLC, I can't but take a moment to reflect on how this all got started five years ago and where I hope to be five years from now.

Fittingly, Etsy recently came out with a new way for shop owners to create an 'About' section of their shop, and I created mine this morning. It includes the story of how Bella deLuna came to be and what inspired me to get to where I am. If you're interested in reading it, you can find it here.

As far as where I want to go... my ultimate dream is to do what I love and make a living from it. Sam and I have talked with one of Sam's friends about starting a wedding photography business together and that is one part of my dream, but my heart believes we can go even bigger than that. My dream has multiple pieces and is in reality a complicated, convoluted mess that I could only do with people I know and trust.

I've always wanted to have a wedding planning business, but not just any wedding planning business. The picture in my head involves some kind of grand house, either old or one designed to look old. And in that house you would find a venue for your wedding and reception, a wedding planner, a team of photographers, a baker, a florist, perhaps a hair and makeup artist.

The one thing I hated about planning my wedding was that you had to go to multiple places to get all the vendors you wanted. You had multiple contracts to sign. Some of the vendors would work through your planner so you didn't have to remember when to contact them, your planner did it for you. Others didn't want to work through your planner and so you were frantically trying to remember who to call and when.

Ever since then I've wanted to create a space where a bride could have access to as many or as few vendors as she wanted in one space and with one contract. I know in reality that is a huge deal and involves a lot of people being willing to work together, but it is still my dream. I honestly have no idea how to even begin making that dream a reality and how to get all the pieces together, but I'm willing to try. Because if I don't then I'll always be left wondering if it could have happened and, if it did, how amazing it would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment