Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Furry 5K



I am super excited to announced Second Chance Pet Adoption's Furry 5K! This event will take place on November 3 at Bond Park in Cary. It includes a 5K run, 2K dog walk and 1K senior dog walk!

This event will go to help the hundreds of homeless and abandoned animals that Second Chance helps each year! Second Chance is the oldest no-kill animal rescue in the Triangle - long before it was the thing the cool kids did!

Sam came up with a pretty genius idea for generating pledges for the Furry 5K and I'm pretty much doing the same thing.

For every $1 I get in pledges, that will be one mile I have to bike or walk during my routine workouts. I'm doing this to a) get back in shape and b) get money for Second Chance.

When November 3 comes around, whatever I haven't matched during my workouts, I will match in a personal donation to Second Chance.

For example, if I raise $300 in pledges but I only run or walk 200 miles, I will match that extra 100 and make a $200 donation to Second Chance on top of the pledges I've gotten.

I know, right! It's a win/win!

You can find my personal pledge page at www.secondchancenc.dojiggy.com/saram

I'll be posting pictures, and maybe if I'm brave enough, video of me working out and why I need to do it as times goes on.

For those of you who don't know, I had knee surgery about a year and a half ago and I've never fully recovered. Doing this will give me the encouragement I need to get back into working out again and hopefully get my knee healthy.

Now, let's all go and register for the Furry 5K and start pledging! You can find it at www.secondchancenc.dojiggy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment